Saturday, September 18, 2010

The early morning sky...

Every morning I get up at 6am to run and have some quiet time. Well, this morning, I couldn't find my sports bra and it seems that my cat dragged off one of the socks that I laid out. In an effort of NOT waking up the rest of the family I decided not to go digging around through the house in search of the missing articles of clothing and just went outside. Obviously, I didn't go running since I was missing a vital piece of clothing for it. Instead, I sat in the damp grass and did some yoga/stretches and then I leaned back and just stared at the sky. I could hear crickets chirping and an occasional car drive by and that was about it. It was totally relaxing... I loved it! The stars were beautiful. I found the Seven Sisters and Orion. Woo-hoo!

If you get the chance, I recommend waking up early and chilling out under the stars before all the wild children wake up. It's worth it!! :)

No comments: