Saturday, December 29, 2012

Homemade stick deodorant

This is an easy recipe that I have used for years. There is a roll on recipe that I tried for my last deodorant batch. It helped cover the smell but it didn't prevent the smell and I do not like the smell of body odor. So, here is my tried and true deodorant recipe.

1/4 c baking soda
1/4 c corn starch
4 tbs coconut oil
Essential oil (optional) I used 10 drops

First you mix it all together with a fork. I use a fork because the coconut oil is a semi solid so it is pretty firm when I am mixing this and I don't want to melt it or it will be too soft for the next step.

I don't measure it out well. I go by the texture. It should be somewhat pliable in your fingertips. If it's too wet then add more dry ingredients, if it's too dry then add more coconut oil.

Once it is the consistency you want, press it into an old deodorant container. If you don't have one then just keep it in a jar. That's what I do with the leftover stuff anyways. Then I just rub it into my underarm with my fingertips.

After it's pressed into the deodorant containers then place it in the refrigerator to set overnight. The next day they are ready to use and do not need to be kept in the refrigerator after that. If you just left it in the jar then you do not need to put it in the fridge. Use like you would any other stick deodorant.







4 comments:

Heather said...

So you shove it back into an old deodorant container, but you can't rub it on - you still have to use your fingers? Or you only have to use your fingers if you do the jar method?

Lin Ryals said...

Sorry... I Just rub it on from the container but I use fingers with the jar. Sorry that was confusing.

Heather said...

thanks! Will try this!

alecia said...

gearing up to make all your awesome products! Thanks, Linda!