- 1/4 c Borax
- 1 c Washing Soda
- 1 bar of natural soap
- your choice of essential oils. I used doTERRA lavendar, lemon, and clove (30 drops of each type of essential oil).
- 5 gallon bucket
- Something long to stir with
- Cheese grater (I used an old broken one)
- Empty, cleaned laundry detergent bottle
- Grate the bar of soap.
- Boil 4 cups of water. Add the grated soap to boiling water and stir until it's melted.
- Fill 5 gallon bucket half full with hot water then poor in water/soap mixture and stir.
- Add washing soda and borax and stir until powder is dissolved.
- Fill the the bucket to the top with hot water, stir, put lid on and let sit overnight to thicken.
- The next morning, add essential oils, stir and put in empty laundry soap bottle.
Pictures of process:
|The grated soap in the boiled water.|
|This is step 4.|
The next morning I was super surprised!! When I put the lid on the bucket the stuff inside was the consistency of water. I will be honest, I was worried it wouldn't turn out but, by morning, it was thick and soapy. Yay!! Absolutely perfect! So excited to know how to make this now. One bucket will last a LONG time! =o) And SOOOOO cheap! Hooray for savings! :)
How to use: A front loader uses 1/2 c per load and top loader uses 1 c per load. This batch will wash 95 loads of laundry for a front loader. Woot!! Enjoy!