Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Greatest Hair Cream Ever!

So, my daughter and I both have curly hair. Part of having curly hair is dry, frizzy hair. When my daughter came into our lives 5 years ago, I knew I didn't want to put all those chemicals in her hair. She was adopted and is bi-racial so everyone was telling us different things to put in her hair. I wanted a non-chemical thing.... something that was okay on her skin and in her mouth if it was accidentally rubbed there. I tried olive oil and some other things but then I tried this and it worked wonderfully for both my curly auburn hair, and her deep brown, course, kinky curly hair. :) Love it forever now!


Ingredients:

  • 1 c Coconut Oil (the semi solid kind, not the fractionated one used in other concoctions. This one can be found in the cooking oil section at your grocery store.)
  • 10 dropsMelaleuca (Tea Tree) Oil
Directions:
  1. Mix ingredients together with a fork. 
To use:
  • Scoop a small amount into hand (less than you would for gel or moose. A little goes a long way.) and rub your hands together to make the coconut oil turn to liquid from the heat of your hands and then spread through the hair.
Why Melaleuca and not another oil? Melaleuca is actually very good for skin. People use it as a toner. I found that it really helps my dry scalp. It is also good for repelling insects and I don't want any lice in my head. haha! I figured it was just an extra bonus.Technically, you could use whatever type of essential oil you want. This is just what and why I chose this one. =o)

I hope you love this as much as I do.

No comments: