Friday, December 28, 2012

Homemade Lotion Bar


4 oz beeswax
4 oz shea butter
5 oz jojoba oil (or grape seed oil)
essential oil (optional)



jar
pot of boiling water
soap molds (or muffin tin)


First, measure 4 oz of beeswax. I put the block in the microwave for about 45 seconds to soften it and then just cut it with the knife. Put the 4 oz in your jar and then place the jar in the boiling water until it melts.
Once the beeswax melts, measure out the shea butter.

Pour it into the jar of melted beeswax.
Place jar back into the boiling water until it's melted. Add oils and stir.
Pour into molds. (Coloring is weird in this pic... sorry.)
Allow an hour or two to cool and then pop out of molds.


Ta-da!! Now, use it on dry hands to moisturize. It's really great. I will be keeping a bar in the kitchen for me to use when I'm finished with dishes. Also, my daughter is getting a bar. She is so excited about it. :)

What essential oils did I use? I used DoTERRA's Elevation on two of the square bars. The other square I will be using for my eczema patches so it has lavender, melaleuca, and frankincense in it. The rectangular one is plain... no essential oils. I thought that way the boys could use that one and not feel too feminine. They don't agree with me so my daughter and I may be using that one too. :)

No comments: