Thursday, August 4, 2011

Our Precious Little Girl

Little Ronni. She is absolutely adorable. I cannot believe how big she is getting. She will be four years old in November. Wow!! She is our little Sunbeam and she truly is a little sunbeam. It seems like just yesterday that she was placed in our arms. But, she was a bit smaller that day and looked a bit like this:
She was placed with us in July '08. I am so grateful to her birthmother for being so selfless and choosing us to care for this precious little girl! :) Anyways, I'm all sentimental about her today because of a conversation she and I just had. Paul and I always say that her biggest Christ-like attribute is her empathy. She asked me what my dad's name was, so I told her. Then she said, "But he died."
I nodded, "Yes, when I was two years old."
Then her tears started flowing as she reached out and gave me a big hug, "but who will be your dad?!" Awwww..... the poor girl.
A little later it was nap time. Yes, that wonderful time for mommies but dreaded by children everywhere. I told her to go to her room and she yelled, "I don't love you anymore!"
A few minutes later I heard her crying again so I opened the door to check on her and she ran up to me, wrapped her arms around me and squeaked out, "I didn't mean that I don't love you. I do love you." LOL!! Poor little thing.
I cuddled with her for a moment and told her that I knew she loved me. Then she said, "Do you still love me even though I told you I don't love you?"
"Of course I do!"
Lol!! Silly, adorable girl! She is asleep now. So, while the drama is down I am going to read and then I will enjoy my hormonal 3 year old when she wakes up. =o)
Post a Comment