Tuesday, August 30, 2011

DIBELS

Dynamic Indicators of Basic Early Literary Skills --- oh my! That is a mouth full. No wonder they call it DIBELS. It is a test for grades K-2. I had never heard of it. Did your kids have to take it? My 5 year old took it today and I was proud of him. An average score for a K-er is an 8 and he scored a 12. Then on the letter recognition, the average K-er should know 9 letters in 60 seconds and my son knew 28. YAY!!! :) I was proud of him. He did struggle for part of it. He's used to watching my teeth and lips to figure out sounds and he couldn't see his teacher (b/c it's a virtual school so it was online) and he couldn't figure out that she was saying the /s/ sound. Oh well. He still did awesome! YAY Collin!!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Yeah, we took it before school started. I don't know what he scored though, they didn't tell us...it was extremely hard for ME to understand what the teacher was saying because she was on speaker phone and apparently my speaker on my cell phone sucks. So yeah...I hate those tests, but it was a breeze for Nate. He knows all the letters and sounds...he's reading for heaven's sake. Standardized testing- bah! lol

Lin Ryals said...

haha!! I know... I was nervous about it. He didn't care. He thought it was fun. We used the speakers and mic on the comp. Collin can only read the simple books but he is reading too... only the really easy readers though. =o) You got to do it before school started? We're on our third week and just did it. haha!