Saturday, August 6, 2011

Cookies!!!

 Have you ever noticed that sometimes, as parents, we want things done right and so we "forget" to include our children in our daily activities? I tend to do that a lot -- especially with kitchen duties. It is just so much easier for me to do it instead of letting the kids do it and then fixing what they do and cleaning up their mess. So, today I decided that they could do something. Whatever they wanted and I wouldn't interfere. When I asked them they said they wanted to make cookies. Okay, I may have cheated a bit on this one because I just happened to have some break and bake cookies in the freezer. So, they broke them and placed them how they wanted to. They weren't in straight lines and they weren't evenly placed. I didn't touch them. I left them exactly where the kids put them and ya know what --- they came out tasting just like chocolate chip cookies should. =o)

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

looking at these made me seriously need some chocolate right now