Thursday, May 28, 2015

Where do they find the time?


How is it that people find the time to lead such productive lives? This questions has been on my mind lately. I watch some moms who seem to have time to do everything. People often ask me how I find the time to do all the things I do and my response is normally something along the lines of, "I don't." Which is true. I am normally falling behind on something. So, how is it others have everything all together?

As I thought about this I started thinking about the things I do during the day. I like to get on Facebook and catch up on things. I also get updated on the world with the little "trending" section over on the side. Yes, it's silly. I should just go check out a news site but I don't like depressing news and this one normally has uplifting, wow, or things I just really need to know type of things. :) Some of the things are more like Hollywood gossip so I skip those. So, I can spend a lot of time on there. So, my first act of business was to figure out a way to stop Facebook. So, I use Chrome and added an app called "Waste No Time". Basically, this thing kicks me of Facebook once I've been on there for 30 minutes. So, I get on 2 minutes here and 2 minutes there but I am only on for 30 minutes total. Now, i I really need to get on or something then I can use another browser. Normally, when I get on, it's because I'm bored and don't want to be productive so it's a nice reminder that I need to stop and go find something else to do. Ya know what I did this morning instead? I read a book and I played the piano. :) YAY!

Too often, I find myself procrastinating to prevent me from doing the things I don't want to do. Like chores, cooking, cleaning or an assignment with the kids that I know is going to result in a lot of groaning and complaining. So, my goal is to just do what I need to do and then play.

Thinking of all this time stuff made me also think of being present. So, instead of baking cookies with the kids and thinking about the mess their making, the time it's going to take me to clean it up, how they make the simple task of making cookies take so much longer, and my never ending list of items I need to do, I should instead think of them. I should be in the moment and enjoy the process of making cookies. We made a batch of cookies this morning and my daughter said, "These are extra good because you added a bit of crazy to them." LOL! We had fun, and, yes, I was a little crazy. :) haha!

So, how do those moms find time to do everything? Well, I guess they just do it and enjoy the moment. They probably don't get everything done (at least that's what I'm telling myself), but they are enjoying what they are doing which is good enough for me. :)  

No comments: