Sunday, May 17, 2015

Stay at home moms need breaks too!!!





I know, I know. I sit around on the couch watching TV and eating brownies all day. Why would I need a break? LOL!



Well, the truth is, I don't sit around eating brownies and watching TV. However, that does sound nice once in a while. I think all the time would get boring. I was on bedrest while I was pregnant for 12 weeks. Really, not as fun as it sounds. ;)

Let's see... my day goes something like this....
6:20 wake up, read scriptures, cook breakfast
7:00 wake up children, eat breakfast, shower and dress
8:00 morning chores
9:00 start homeschool
12:00 lunch
1:00 start homeschool again
3:00 kids play outside while I get things ready for the next day.
3:30 afternoon chores
4:00 evening schedule begins --- dance, taekwondo, scouting...etc.
Eat dinner when we can. Some nights we don't get to eat dinner together. I just prepare food in the slow cooker and different groups of people eat dinner when they can.
8:30 kids go to bed so I clean the kitchen and then start my school. As mentioned before, I normally do school until I can no longer stay awake.

So.... me time....? haha! What do I do?


  1. BLOGGING: I normally get blogging in during lunch or before the kids wake up or maybe as a break from my school if I need to relax the brain for a little while. It gives me a chance to get some of my thoughts out. I don't have many readers so it sort of works like a journal for me. 
  2. SPIRITUAL TIME: My morning scripture study. You may have some spiritual time different from me. Just get some quiet time to do something for you. You could meditate or whatever.
  3. READING: I love to read. However, it's hard to work that in. I read books for school and I often just slip them in when I can or wait until night time to get them in. However, when I want to read a fun book, I often choose a young adult/children's book or a book full of short stories. This is handy when you're going to be interrupted because it's not something that takes a lot of brain power to get in. If I want to read a heavy book then I have to actually set aside time to get it read it. 
  4. MOVIE NIGHT: So, every now and then I treat myself to a movie night. No, I don't go off on my own. I choose that I am at a good spot in school, so I don't have to do it tonight. After the kids are in bed and my husband goes to the bedroom, I curl up on the couch with popcorn or frozen grapes or something and watch a movie... just me (occasionally a furry child will join me).
  5. STARS: After everyone else is in bed, if school work has me wired, I will go into the backyard and sprawl out on the trampoline and stare at the stars. Really, that sounds lame, but I love it.
  6. CLUBS: I am in a book club. We only meet once a month, but it's so nice to get out and hang out with other grown women. :) My husband takes taekwondo, so that's his time.
  7. DATE NIGHT: Okay, this isn't me all alone but it's important for a couple to get out without the children once in a while. We try to get out once a month. 
  8. GROCERY SHOPPING: If you're like me, you hate grocery shopping. However, I make it better by waiting until someone can watch the kids and then I go on my own. I take it slow... no rush. I enjoy the alone time. If I feel like being really pampered, I go to Publix. They bag the groceries and take them to the car for you. It's amazing. Normally, I just go to Aldi's though b/c their prices are AMAZING!!
My break times may not sound too exciting but it's just enough for me to recharge and be ready to go another day. I can also fit most of these in fairly often and they are all pretty cheap or I have to pay for them anyways. haha! How do you fit in some breaks?

No comments: