Wednesday, May 6, 2015

My Blog's Story - 7 years

I was thinking about my blog and why I even started blogging. I didn't do it to get a lot of readers. I did it to keep family updated and to be able to look back on it like a journal. I started it during our adoption journey.



I started it in June 2008. The above picture of Collin was the very first image I posted on this blog. Look at how tiny he was!! He was only 2 years old. :) July 2008 is when Ryanne was placed with us as a foster child. Since then, I started other blogs.... scripture study, school, book reviews, creating things out of natural ingredients (soaps and stuff) and more. However, there got to be too many so I combined a several of the blogs into this one blog. haha! Now, this blog is a conglomerate of topics, but that's okay. Like I said, I wasn't going for a specific type of reader, just a place to put my thoughts and pictures. It's my virtual scrapbook. It started being called "The Smith Family Blog" then switched to "Follow the Arrow" and now it's "Guardian of this Hearth".

This was the first picture of Ryanne ever posted to the blog. This was the day she was placed with our family.



For a reference.... here are the kiddos now!




I just can't believe I've been blogging for 7 years. That's crazy, but so neat that I have 7 years worth of info on here. I have blogged better than I have journal-ed. Yay for something!! :D

No comments: