Friday, December 12, 2008

Potty Training


Well, it's day 2 of potty training. He still wears the diapers when he sleeps or when we go out (we left for about 30 minutes today and I had him wear a diaper). Other than that he's been wearing his big boy underwear and he's only had one accident. I have all the necessary supplies, kid, candy, underwear, potty, and pennies for the candy machine. Yeah, he's using one of those cheap little gumball machines from Wal-mart. I put m&ms in it too... he's not so good w/ gum yet; he swallows it. (yes, he needs a haircut -- I know) =D When he pees in the potty I give him a penny and whatever he gets is his reward. He loves it! The gumballs even go around and around on a little ramp and he loves that. I'm so proud of how well he's doing b/c the first time we tried this it didn't go so well. I waited a few months and this time it's going soooo much better! YAY! Maybe he'll get the hang of it this time. *crossing my fingers*

4 comments:

Erica said...

YAY! Way to go kiddo! Braylynne was potty trained right at 2, but still wears a diaper to nap and night. She sleeps right through peeing! haha I believe a kid knows when they are ready and it seems like he is ready! Way to go. hehe...it's cute how you are giving him things. I didn't do that with my daughter, however, we did have to give a little encouragement to poop in the potty! haha She was afraid to do that.

Anna said...

How old is your son? My son just turned two last month and I keep feeling the pressure to get him trained. I think it's way too early, he only sits on the potty after a bath, other than that, he could care less if he had a wet diaper.
I had to laugh when you included "kid" in your list of supplies. That is a very important one.

Lin Ryals said...

He turned 3 today... I know what you mean. I felt pressured to potty train him too. Most of his friends were using the potty already. I had tried but he didn't seem to have any desire to -- didn't want to try. Now, he's excited about it. Today he even pooped in the potty and later he ran up to me saying, "Mommy, my pee pee is coming." and he peed in the potty. That was a big deal for us... he knew the feeling! YAY!! I say wait until he's ready. That's what people told me and we've been doing it for 3 days now and I think he's doing really really well. I'm looking forward to the extra $$$ we'll save. =D

Naomi said...

LOL I love that you said you have everything you needed then you said kid! That's hilarious... what a sly sense of humor you have! Very witty indeed. :D