Sunday, October 12, 2008

the "shake-up" in our ward today

On Thursday Paul and I had to go meet with stake president. A little bit scary -- we had no idea what was going on. He spoke to me first and told me what was happening on Sunday (today) and that Paul had a new calling. He then called Paul in there and spoke to him then he met with both of us. He informed us together they are splitting the ward and that Paul is called as the executive secretary of the Aiken Ward. The other ward is the Coker Springs Ward but I'm not quite sure how the division is done b/c Collin, Ronni and I had to leave in the middle of sacrament.

Poor Collin didn't feel well. He vomited all over himself and me in the middle of sacrament meeting... right after the sacrament was passed. YUK! We went to the bathroom and while I was cleaning us up he fell asleep on the floor next to the toilet. We went home, he took a nap and then woke up and asked to go back to church. We decided to do that b/c we wanted to be there for Paul getting set apart. Paul works full time, goes to school full time and now has a very demanding calling at church. It will work out though. We know that it will. =D

Just in case any of you who used to be in our ward are wondering... Bishop Welker is still bishop of the Aiken ward. Brother Raines is one of his counselors and I'm not sure about anyone else. Like I said, we missed a lot and I only got to see some of the people who were set apart b/c of my sick child. We now have Bishop Neal Askew of the Coker Springs Ward.
After Paul was set apart, he and Pres Taylor gave Collin a blessing which was pretty cool. Collin is already walking around and eating a... cupcake?? Why in the world I gave him a cupcake I have no idea. He just looked so pitiful I couldn't tell him no.

That was our eventful day and it's only 2pm. Paul is still at church receiving training.

1 comment:

Dan and Bec said...

Congrats on the big calling...who know what yours will be. Truly the Lord does bless those who are willing to serve amidst their crazy lives! I am excited for our ward and feel like it happened to me too:) Hope to see you soon.