Saturday, April 7, 2012

He is Risen!






The passages of scripture about Gethsemane are found in Matt 26:36-46; Mark 14:32-42; Luke 22:40-46; 2 Ne 9:21-22; Mosiah 3: 5-12; and D&C 19:1-24. To study more about the Savior's life go to the Bible Dictionary and look under "Gospels, Harmony of". There, you will find the order to read about Christ's life so that it is all chronological. It makes Christ's life make so much more sense.

This is such an amazing video. It had me in tears as Christ was breaking bread and they continued throughout the rest of it. As I learn more about my Savior I become more and more grateful for the Atonement and the sacrifice He made for me. What an amazing gift! Easter, to me, is the most important holiday. Christmas is the one that people make a big deal out of. Honestly, everyone is born to this earth but the significance of Christ happens after he is born and the most life changing event is celebrated and remembered at Easter time. I know the pain I feel when I make a wrong choice. I can't imagine all that pain for every sin I've ever made felt all at once. And then, multiply that for every person who has ever lived or ever will live on the earth. Incomprehensible!

I am so grateful for Christ's life and example for me. I know that He lives and He loves me far beyond my ability to comprehend. I am so fortunate to have such an incredible older brother who set the perfect example for me and showed me how I should live my life daily and who sacrificed so much so I could return to live with Him and my Father in Heaven. He willingly volunteered for this task -- amazing!

No comments: