Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Discipline

We've done the Mommy Money thing with rewards and stuff for a couple of years now. Our children are almost 6 and 4 right now so we have been taking away privileges lately along with the whole Mommy Money thing previously mentioned. It is amazing how well it has worked. The problem is that I haven't been following through well -- for a few hours I'll take something away but that's easy. So, I made up a chart. This way Paul and I will know what's going on and so will the kids. Is this totally lame?
The sun means outside, the television is obviously no tv time, the computer is no computer time, and the people means no friends over. The box is for me to write whatever I think should be taken away. Then the numbers is for how many days they don't get that privilege. Lame? I dunno but it's already working. Collin has no computer time and Ryanne has no friends over both for one day. I put it in a sheet protector and use a dry erase marker on it. :) I'm hoping it works. We will see....

3 comments:

alecia said...

Awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Very organized! We're starting to take away priviledges as well. If we tell Kaden that it's time to put the Gameboy away (I know, he's young for it) and he throws a fit, we take it away for a day or two. He knows that he deserves it and doesn't complain, just promises that he won't complain next time :D

Unknown said...

I was looking for charts to share on my blog... and I am sharing this in the next week!