Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Poor Collin!

It's hard to see in this picture but Collin has a swollen black eye and notice the line across his neck.... Okay, first, the eye. Last night at Tae Kwon Do they were playing a game at the end -- tag. Collin and a little boy named Josh smacked into each other! OUCH!! The eye is the result. They must have hit hard!

Now, the neck. This morning it was very windy and sunny and just beautiful. The kids decided it was perfect weather to fly a kite so I pulled the kite from the closet and we were flying it in the backyard. It was Ronni's turn and she was doing well. Then, the wind suddenly changed directions. The kite dived down and whipped around Collin's neck. I yelled for Ronni to drop the string and she did it immediately. However, the rope burn was already there.

Now my poor child looks like he has been punched and choked. Poor little guy.... :(

2 comments:

Necha said...

Ouch!! Poor kid! He's a toughy! :)

Anonymous said...

Ouch! Poor Collin! It makes him look extra tough though.

You know, people don't realize how dangerous flying a kite can be (partially kidding). For one of our first dates, Jeff took me out to fly a kite. We had one of those reeled kites and I was using it. A huge gust of wind came and the reel started spinning like crazy. I put my hand in there, trying to stop it and ended up losing a fingernail from it! I actually had to wear a fake nail for our engagement pictures so it wouldn't gross anyone out.