Sunday, September 9, 2012

New Callings.....

Paul has been serving as a Young Men's advisor (assisting with the 12-17 year old boys in the church) and has been the Scoutmaster Assistant. Well, a couple of weeks ago he was asked to serve as the Second Counselor in the Young Men's Presidency and is also now the Scout Master. Congrats Paul!!

As for me...I have been serving in primary (18 mo - 11 year old children) since 2008. For a little background, I served as second counselor in 2008 then in 2009 I was asked to be the president. The end of 2011 I was released but asked to be a primary worker and was the pianist for a couple of months and then in January of 2012 they moved me to Sunbeams (3-4 year olds). Today, I was asked to be the second counselor again to the same president who asked me to be the second counselor in 2008. haha! I think I'm stuck in a loop and starting over again. haha! That's okay though. I LOVE primary and love all the kids. I am super excited to serve a larger group of them again but will miss being able to spend so much special time with all of my little Sunbeams. They have been so much fun to work with and play with!! :)

So, now you know what the Smiths are up to at Church... ack! We are both second counselors. :/

No comments: