Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Lemon Honey Tea

Anytime anyone in the family is sick I make them honey lemon tea. I was introduced to sucking on a lemon when in college. I had a voice recital coming up and a cold so I sucked on a lemon. Honey isn't very good if you're about to sing b/c it coats the throat but if no sign of singing in the near future then honey is good too. So, I boil water, add lemon juice and a glob of honey. Yum! So, I was very intrigued when I read an article about a woman who had a Korean neighbor with something like this in her cabinet...

Apparently it's a common thing there. So, I had to make one. You just plop lemons and honey in the jar whenever you feel like it. The honey acts as a natural preservative and the lemons sort of dissolve into the honey. No real recipe... just a genious and fairly obvious idea that I hadn't thought of. Now, I just need to let it sit a while so I can have some lemon honey tea. Yay!


No comments: