Sunday, May 13, 2012

An aha moment....


Previously, I talked about the different scripture study styles. Well, I wanted to share something I learned by slowing down and paying attention. Genesis 3:15 And I will put aenmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; bit shall cbruise thy head, and thou shalt dbruise his heel.

If you follow the footnote of "it" we learn that the word in Hebrew actually means "he". In our case, we are going to read it "He". Now, let's read it again with the little, one word change. "And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; He shall bruise they head and thou shalt bruise his heel.

When I showed this to my husband, he was like, "DUH!" but I had never realized that. I didn't completely understand that one and now it makes SO much more sense. The enmity between Satan and mankind is Christ. HELLO! See.... I'm trying NOT to ski through the scriptures and at least snorkel... hopefully with some scuba diving in there somewhere too. :)

No comments: