I talked to Paul and my mom and they were no help. They both think that I have a lot of patience. However, I know better. Here are the times that Paul and I came up with that cause me to lose my temper and then I tried to come up with ways to fix those problems.
- When the kids disobey.
- This one is really hard for me. I don't understand why they won't just obey the first time. Sometimes I have to ask and ask and put them in timeout and ask some more. So, we need a better discipline system I guess. I have ordered a book called "The Children I Want With the Kids I Have". Don't misinterpret me by the title. I absolutely adore my kids. They are the loves of my life but I would really like for them to obey. Hopefully I'll learn something from there. Also, I think I need to be more consistent and maybe a bit more creativity will help as well.
- When I am trying to do something and the kids want my attention.
- I need to make sure that the kids and I spend quality time together BEFORE homework or chores. When I am trying to do something, I am very good at ignoring the kiddos. I mean, I know exactly where they are and what they are doing but I block out the sounds. This doesn't always lead to great endings. I'm hoping that if I give them the attention first or wait for them to nap or bed time to do it then we'll end some of the drama. Maybe when working on chores I can get them more involved. I also think this may help out a bit more with the obedience issue mentioned previously.
- When Paul doesn't help me when I think he should be helping me.
- This one frustrates both myself and Paul. I think that we need better communication then. I need to tell him exactly what I need from him instead of expecting him to guess. Normally, this is when we're getting ready to go to church or something and are in a hurry.