- Proverbs 14:29, "He that is slow to wrath is of great understanding but he that is hasty of spirit exalteth folly."
- Luke 21:19, "In your patience possess ye your soulds."
- Romans 5:3, "... we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience."
- Hebrews 10:36, "For ye have the need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, he might receive the promise."
- Hebrews 12:1, "... let us run with patience the race that is set before us."
Friday, January 28, 2011
Patience: Step 1
In our ward, we are doing a class for young mothers once a month. For January, it was on Patience! I thought this was perfect b/c with young children, everyone can use a healthy dose of patience. There was one talk that we used as a resource called The Power of Patience. In this talk, the reader is given four steps. The first step is to read each of the scriptures in the Topical Guide listed under the topic "patience" and then ponder Christ's patient examples. This is what I was working on tonight. I thought I'd share some of my favorite scriptures: