Friday, July 19, 2013

Keeping up!

I was informed by my husband that I needed to update the blog. It's how he keeps up with what the kids and I do. LOL! So... I am updating.

Ryanne and me posing for the camera. She loves doing the duck face. 
 If anyone wants to watch her dance then you can watch this video. The first 2/3 of it are her favorite warm up dances and the last third of it is one of the jazz dances she worked on over the summer. She loved jazz so much she is taking mini jazz and pre ballet in the fall. YAY!! You will probably have to turn your head sideways... sorry!


This is the 4th of July cake the kids decorated all by themselves. I think they did an awesome job!

We found Collin a bike at Goodwill for $30. I was so excited because his knees were hitting the handle bars on his old bike. This bike looks like someone bought it and then left it in the garage until the child outgrew it. The tread on the tires even looks good. There is a little bit of yellow spray paint near the chain and the tires are flat. That is all. He is so excited! Now, we just need to pump up the tires. :)

I went out to visit David's grave for his birthday. I took him some yellow roses. My dad is buried right next to him so I was able to "visit" with them both on my own for a bit.

Collin's occupational therapy. Seriously!! It looks so fun! I want to participate. This day he wrote letters in shaving cream on the mirrors and then sat on the swing, and had to balance so it didn't tip, and pick up bean bags from letters with the claw to spell the words he wrote. 

We also went blueberry and blackberry picking so we made blueberry crepes! Yum!!!

A picture of Ryanne's dance picture.

A picture of the picture of Ryanne's dance team. :)

Collin is getting new glasses!! These are of him trying them on at the ophthalmologist's office so they aren't sized to him yet. But, don't worry. I'll take a picture of him when he gets his actual ones. They are for reading only. Don't worry, I bought the insurance and got the bendable frames. haha! MY 7 year old boy wearing glasses? The poor glasses... 

We went to the ecology lab presentation at the library. They have a free activity every week that we go to. This is the coyote. Isn't he cute? Well, cute until someone besides his handler goes near him and then he turns vicious. Ha! There were many other animals too - amphibians, reptiles, and mammals. A favorite are the gators. :)
 Last week the kids went to Pirate School at the library but I forgot my phone so got no pictures.
I'm sure you all remember I have talked about Carol Tuttle's energy theories. Well, Ryanne is a type 1, meaning she is a fun loving girl and high energy. :) She has a very outward energy while the rest of the family have more inward energies. So, I guess one day she was tired of our stillness so she packed a lunch for herself and packed another lunch of fake food and went out with her imaginary friend, Joey, and had a picnic. LOL! I thought it was awesome! She is such a creative girl and seemed to have so much fun with it.

Something is wrong with our invisible fence and Arwen keeps testing her boundaries and getting out. We have learned that she loves car rides though. :)

We love Build and Grow Workshop at Lowe's. They made the Pizza Planet Truck from Toy Story. haha!

The stickers they put on the outside of the wooden truck even just had the "YO" on the back. Love it!


Collin and me posing for the camera in the waiting room at occupational therapy.

Occupational therapy.... they use that "seat" a lot anytime he does sit down stuff. I kind of want one. It adds extra sensory when he's doing something that involves sitting. He has to keep himself balanced in it and has to stay sitting criss cross apple sauce. He does well. He can rock just slightly but has to focus on staying balanced which occupies enough of his sensory to focus on writing, folding paper, or tying shoes. :)

After the shoe tying, he went back to bean bag grabbing on the swing. I seriously want to try it!
We also go to the dollar movies. The past two weeks we saw:

Coraline - This was a great movie! It was a bit scary but my kids love scary movies. There was also one scene where an old woman wore pasties. A little immodest and got a giggle from Ryanne as she whispered to me, "She's naked." Oh my... other than that it was a great movie. ;)

This week we watched Big Miracle. I wasn't sure if the kids would like it because it seemed more grown up then what they like but they were totally into it. I was in tears through part of it and the kids were almost. Collin was holding me as he fought back his tears. Such a great movie! They loved that it was based on real events.

Okay, those are the events of the last two weeks. :)

2 comments:

Necha said...

I miss you! I was thinking about you this morning. I can't remember why. But I was thinking about you none the less! :)

Lin Ryals said...

Oh... I miss chatting with you regularly too!!! We should FB message. :) hehe!