Monday, July 19, 2010

glasses and trains... oh my!

Okay, this morning started off with Paul finally convincing me to just call the eye doctor so get my eyes checked. He's been after me for a while but I didn't want to spend the money but my headaches were getting worse. If you don't know, the kids lost one of my lenses and Paul and I haven't been able to find it anywhere. It's been about 6 mos since I've had functional glasses. Well, I went to the eye doctor and I can now SEE!!! YAY!! I found out that I am 20/40 in my right eye and 20/50 in my left eye. Apparently, it's an easy fix. I have no astigmatism or anything... just near-sighted so they had my glasses ready before I came out from having the inside of my eyes checked after the pupils were dilated. Here's a pic of me in my NEW glasses. :)

I don't know if you remember or not but we had started a new rewards system where the kids earn fake money for good behavior and chores. Then they get to spend it at the "Mommy-Mart" which consists of little treats, family walks, going to the park or out for ice cream...etc. You get the idea. Collin has been wanting a train set for a while so we told him that if he saved up $40 fake dollars then we would get him a train set. So... for a month he's been saving and only getting the cheap little $3 treats once in a while. He'd sit there and watch as Ronni ate her $5 candy and sometimes he'd have nothing. He just said that he wanted the train instead. Well, today he got it!! :) He saved up $43!!! hehe!
Collin helped Paul complete some chores today and Paul knew Collin had enough money so together they sat down at the table and counted the money. Paul made a big deal out of counting the money and we could see the excitement building on Collin's face as we got closer and closer to 40. Here was his reaction:
So, together they went off to Target to get the train set and here it is....
I was just very proud of him for saving up for an entire month. I think that's pretty good for a 4 year old.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is WAY good for a four year old! Great job Collin!