Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Lesson learned

I know that curtains serve as insulation to windows but I never realized how much. In our living room we have a large picture window. I have 6 curtains hanging on it b/c it's so big. I thought today was a good day to wash them. Oh my! They aren't done yet and it's a cold night. The couch is right in front the window so I was curled up w/ a blanket tight around me... my nose was still cold though. =( I've learned my lesson. Only wash big curtains in spring or fall -- not too warm, not too cool. LOL! Just thought I'd share in case anyone else feels like making the same mistake as me. ;)

2 comments:

Erica said...

Isn't it amazing how drafty windows are? The other night it was -5 outside for the real temperature...and our heat couldn't even keep up. And you could feel the cold coming in around every window and door! For a tip though... in the winter, I just hang curtains outside on the line to just "blow around" and get some freshness to them!!

Naomi said...

And I think it is a plot of the construction industry to put vents next to windows and walls because all that heat or conditioned air goes straight to the windows trying to adjust the temp there... it's a plot I tell ya!