Saturday, October 11, 2014

Wood Badge Pt 2

If you would like to learn more about Wood Badge Pt 1 then click here. Wood Badge Pt 2 was even more fun than the first week. I loved it!

Day 4 (Days 1-3 were in Pt 1)

Day 4 was the day we used a compass and backpacked in to our campsites. It was really fun. As mentioned before, I had a great group. They showed me how to figure out pacing so I could figure out how many feet I've walked (25 paces/100' for me). They also showed me how to find the correct directions and everything. They had me lead a few times and we still managed to stay on course. Hooray!
We also did a Round Robin. Yikes! One of the least favorite team working games from my youth was the Spider Web. I hated it because I was never one of the strongest on my team so I couldn't just climb through. I had to rely on others to get me through which meant picking me up which meant realizing how heavy I am. They can probably tell anyways, but that doesn't mean I want to confirm it for them. haha! Oh well. It was still fun!
Brownsea Island -- this is where we all had to stand on a tarp and somehow end up flipping the tarp over and all of us stand on the underside of the tarp without stepping off the tarp. Did that sound confusing? Yeah.... This is a shot of the Owl Patrol but the Fox Patrol actually won this one. It was fun.


Spider-web.... see why this isn't my favorite thing? Oh... so not in my comfort zone. The Foxes also won this one.


Trolley Plank - so... this one was tough for me. I lack balance. LOL! Going forwards was won by... wait for it. Yeah, the Foxes. However, going backwards was won by the Bobwhites (that was my patrol). YAY!! This is a picture of the Eagle Patrol.

Wiggle Woggle -- There as a ring in the center with 6 long strings coming out. A ball went on the ring and then, working together, we had to get the ball from one bucket to the other. The Owls won this one. :)

Mafeking Challenge - Each person could have one PVC pipe/joint and get ping pong balls from one spot to the box. This is a shot of the Eagles but the Owls actually won this one.

Human Knot -- does this really need an explanation? The Eagles won this one. 

Traffic Jam -- there were 7 spots and 6 people. We could pass each other but only one person (sort of like checkers) and had to get all the people on the right to the left and on the left to the right. Sounds easy but it got a little confusing. Won by the Eagles. 

Nail Biters - So... we had to get all the nails to balance on one nail. BOBWHITES won this one too. This is a picture of the Owl Patrol though.

That night was a Campfire Program. We all had to do some fort of stick and song or cheer. Again, totally out of my comfort zone.


Day 5

This was our conservation project day. Here are a few shots.


That is me. :) 

Oooh! Look... that's me on the left! :D


Proof that I was working! :) It felt like post ice storm all over again. LOL!


This was also the patrol presentations. All the patrols had great presentations but I'll just show pictures of ours. It was on the EDGE Method. Let me say, the guys in my patrol totally surprised me. haha! We had it all planned out, and then the main person came out with the stereotype California Surfer Dude voice/accent. It was very cool, however I couldn't contain the giggles. He was soooo funny! At the end of the presentation, he removed the hat, and pointed to a strip of purple in his hair. Yeah, that was for me. haha! It was soooo funny!








The rest of that evening was spent on working on getting our ticket approved. Yay! :) So, that meant free time for most of us because all but one of our patrol was approved. He worked on it while the rest of us hung out. We also found out it was "Doc's" birthday. So... "Rainman" came up with a plan and visited all the other patrol camps. At 8pm, SAC the Ripper would yell and everyone would come and sing Happy Birthday. It was fabulous. The Eagles even brought a candle and muffin for him.


Day 6 was just a lot of closing stuff and awards. So, here are some random pics I have.
Hannah and I backpacking and giggling.

The Bobwhite Patrol! 

Hannah swinging from a vine during the Conservation Project.

Our awesome campsite with glow in the dark rings. 

Our flag.

Our patrol plus our Guide.

Hannah and me again. +


No comments: