Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Pre- Wood Badge Pt 2

As promised on Facebook, here is the blog about getting to Wood Badge. Well, we were told to be there at 7am. It's a 2 hour drive so I got up at 4:30 so I could get dressed, load the cooler and then load my car and pick up my friend Hannah (who was also doing Wood Badge) at 5am. Now, I have been to Hannah's house many, many times. I know exactly where she lives. Well, unless it's 5am.

I sent Hannah a text after I pulled into her driveway, "I'm here! Ready to head back to Gilwell?"
She sent me a text back saying, "You are not."
I was very confused at this point because I was obviously sitting in the driveway. I replied back, "I am. I turned my headlights off so I didn't wake anyone." Then I flashed my headlights.
Quickly Hannah replied, "You're at my neighbors."
I glanced to my right and there was Hannah in her driveway waving at me. haha!

That started us on a crazed giggle phase. Everything made us giggle as we drove down the road. Even the fact that a deer tried to jump out in front of us. Hannah tried pushing the breaks over on the passenger side as well. They didn't work too well. Luckily, the driver's side did so we didn't hit the deer. Hooray!

As continued driving (obviously). I had the cruise set but it as on back roads. We went around a curve that also went down a hill and I said, "Wow, I feel like we're going extra fast." Then, around the curve were railroad tracks with a bump. Yes, my mini-van caught air. We flew! It was kind of fun. I have no idea where we were, so I can't repeat the experience. We were just following the GPS.

The rest of the trip was spent in giggles. We arrived right at 7 and it was still a little dark. We had tons of fun as previous posts have shown. YAY!! Anyways, I promised to post this so here it is. :) I hope you had a good laugh at my expense. :)

No comments: