Sunday, September 14, 2014

Wood Badge - Pt 1

What is Wood Badge you ask? Here is what Wikipedia says:
  1. Wood Badge is a Scouting leadership program and the related award for adult leaders in the programs of Scout associations throughout the world. Wood Badge courses aim to make Scouters better leaders by teaching advanced leadership skills, and by creating a bond and commitment to the Scout movement.


I was a bit scared because I knew it would be out of my comfort zone. I was put in a patrol with people I had never met before and I was the only female. Ack! Quite scary. However, my patrol ended up being very cool. The program treats you as a scout, so we all start off as cub scouts, Day 1 had a Blue and Gold Banquet and we bridged over to Boy Scouts. We spent the rest of the weekend as boy scouts but also in classes that taught us team work skills and leadership skills.

The patrol I was in.... I won't use their real names because I'm not sure if they're comfortable with that. ;)

There was the career army man, the doc, the engineer, the student, and me. ;) They were an amazing group of men and I'm so glad they were/are my patrol. We still have another weekend of it. Woot!

I have been informed that I look like a guy in these pictures and quite unattractive. I apologize for that now. Here are pics anyways.

The Blue and Gold Banquet.

Getting lined up in patrols to go up for the flag ceremony.

Flag ceremony.

That's our flag. ;) Well, the first day. It has some things added to it now. ;)

Zulu toss!



the USS Robert Express... we were the Bobwhites, get it?



Tent competition. We got third place... it took us about 5 minutes to put the tent up, have it checked, then taken down. It would have been less time except one of the tent poles was giving us a hard time since the elastic in the pole had lost all elasticity and kept falling apart on us. LOL! All the patrols had that same problem. ;)


Getting ready for another game.




No comments: