Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Cinnamon rolls

So, I decided for the new year I will learn to be more frugal. Mostly, I am going to learn to bake and garden and do more things myself instead of buying then premade. So for New Years I made homemade cinnamon rolls. yay! I was so excited they turned out. I am one of the world's worst bakers. So, here is the recipe if anyone else wants to try. It makes 24 good sized rolls and they are super yummy. This kids just had the last one for breakfast this morning so they lasted a little more than 2 days. They were what Kept me awake for the New Year. Somehow, I managed not to gain any weight too.

Mix and let sit for 15 min the following ingredients:
3.5 c warm water
3/4 c sugar
1/2 c oil
6 T yeast

Once it's all frothy and foaming then add:
1 T salt
3 eggs
10.5 c flour (I used bread flour)

Mix together, then sit for 10 minutes. Oil countertop, dump dough out. Divide dough into 2 sections. Take the first section and flatten it out into a rectangle. Spread over flattened dough:
1/4 c melted butter
Cinnamon
Sugar

Roll snuggly. You'll want to roll it so it is the longest side. Did that make sense? When folding paper in elementary school it was called hotdog side instead of the hamburger side. Slide into 12 rolls and place on a greased cookie sheet. Repeat with other half of dough. Let rise and then bake for 15-20 minutes at 400F.

Then... Frost. Here is the frosting recipe I used:
2 T melted butter
2 t vanilla
4 c powdered sugar
Milk (until desired consistency)













No comments: