Sunday, July 24, 2011

UnCrustables

I am part of an Influencers program. They send me free samples of things periodically to review so here is our review.

My kids chose the strawberry Uncrustables and were so excited to try them. They finally got to try them today. They both took big bites of them and chewed them up happily. I asked them what they thought. I'm really not sure what my 3 year old said as she chewed a big wad as she tried to talk (yeah, that whole 'not talking while your mouth is full' rule seemed to not apply for these). She gave me a thumbs up sign when she realized I had no idea what she was saying. My 5 year old son said, "It just taste like a normal sandwich, Mom, but it's good."
As a mom, I find that time is very important and something that I do not have enough of. I am a full time student, homeschool mom, wife, leader of the kids at church (primary president) and we are preparing to sell our home. When I find some time I spend it preparing snacks and food. I sort out snacks and put them in little baggies to keep in the cabinet for the kids to easily grab when hungry. I also wash, peel and cut up fruit and vegetables to put in little baggies that go in a box in the fridge for the kids to get to easily. Sometimes, if we're in a hurry I just have them grab one baggie from the cabinet and one from the fridge while I make a sandwich. I see Uncrustables being handy to have around because I can just pull two of them out that morning and they'll be ready to just throw on the plates by lunch time. Also, putting them in sack lunches will be useful too. My kids liked them and will eat them but they didn't find anything special about it compared to my normal PB&J sandwiches. It did give me the idea to make sandwiches and use the sandwich cutter to make them into fun shapes and put them in the freezer. I don't know if it will work or not but we're going to try it. They will be just as convenient and will taste the same. We will eat the Uncrustables that we have but I don't see us buying more unless I need them for convenience sake.

No comments: