Saturday, December 19, 2009

Our Christmas Letter

Here's the letter we sent out in our Christmas cards... everyone didn't get a card... sorry folks. It's b/c you already know what's happening in our lives. =-D



Merry Christmas everyone! I can’t believe it’s already Christmas again. This year seemed to go by faster than normal. Lots of things have happened in our little family. We are still in Aiken, SC, in our tiny house that we are slowly outgrowing. My (Linda’s) mom is serving a mission for the Church in Rochester, NY mission. I am very proud of her. 2009 has been a good year for us.

Paul’s life hasn’t changed much since last year. He told me to just write, “see 2008 Christmas letter”. I decided not to do that and to just update everyone on him. He’s still the executive secretary at church. He is also still in school BUT (there’s a big ‘but’) he only has ONE semester left. We are all very excited about this. It seems like he’s been in school for forever. He is also still at Chick-Fil-A as the night manager.

There have been a few changes in my life. Instead of working mornings I work nights now. The kids never even know I’m gone because they’re long asleep by the time I leave. I also started school in July and I’m majoring in elementary education. I was called as the primary president in June. This has kept me very busy. I never realized so much was involved in running the primary.

Collin has become quite the computer nerd. He takes after his father in many ways. He loves to play games on the computer. He can get you from the computer being completely off to getting you online to pbskids.org or one of his other games. He even knows how to reboot the computer if it freezes up. He turns four this month and he is so excited to be the same age as Caillou (a character on a children’s show). He loves to learn and still wants to be an astronaut when he grows up. He was so excited to have had the opportunity to pretend to be one for Halloween. We found him an astronaut costume online and he waited in the window many days wondering when it would get here. He is a complete momma’s boy and I love it!

Ryanne is very much a talker. She gives you a play by play of what everyone does all day long. She will cuddle when she’s in the mood and is very stubborn. She loves to eat. In fact, that’s what she asked for Christmas. I ask her what she wants for Christmas and she replies with one of two answers, “eat food!” or “pizza!” We think she’s going to be the artistic one of the family but she’s only two right now so we’ll just have to wait and see. The most exciting thing that happened for Ryanne (and the rest of us too)this year was that the adoption was finally finalized on August 31. It was an awesome day!

Our lives have been good. We have been richly blessed and I am so grateful for the birth of our Savior and for this wonderful holiday season! Merry Christmas!


1 comment:

Jen M said...

I loved reading about you and your little family. MY son loves playing pbs games too. ryanne is such a sweetie. My megan can be stubborn too at times..she loves to give hugs too. There is alot involved when it comes to primary.. I use to be a primary teacher.