Saturday, April 4, 2009

Food Storage - black bean burgers

I prepared the beans...
Mashed the beans and added seasonings... then I smooshed it into patties and cooked it.
Served it w/ chips and salsa. It was actually pretty good. I need to figure out a way to get it to stick a little better. maybe cook the beans more... I let them soak over night then boiled them for an hour. I thought that would be good but... I dunno. Something will need to be done. I ended up crumbling mine up on top of the chips then putting the salsa on top of that. It was really good! =D

2 comments:

Anna said...

Hey, we have those same kiddie plates! he he

A said...

you might try adding some bread crumbs to make them hold together better , kinda like meatloaf. I put an egg and extra bread crumbs in my meatloaf and then make it into hamburger patties instead of a giant loaf. It might work with the bean patties too?