Sunday, February 8, 2015

Capsule Wardrobe Challenge

This entire outfit came from Goodwill except the earrings which came from DYT store.
Dove Scarf - Miley Cyrus brand  (Not exact but similar found here)
Blue Shirt - Sonoma brand - (not exact, but similar here or here)
The Sweetheart Jeans - here
Earrings - DYT Pewter Posies Earrings - here
So, I decided to create a capsule wardrobe. This is a document of my journey. What is a capsule wardrobe? It's a simplified wardrobe.... a minimalist wardrobe. The goal is to get about 10 items as the core. Then you have layering tees and accessories to change up the outfits. I have mine narrowed down to 14 items. Yikes! That seems a bit crazy, doesn't it. I have 1 dress, 2 skirts, 3 pants, and 8 tops. I also have 3 pair of shoes, some tees, 2 sweaters, a jacket, a vest, and 7 scarves along with some jewelry. I'm going to see what I can do. 
 Day 2 --- This entire outfit came from Goodwill except the scarf and earrings (same earrings as in day 1)
a.n.a. Purple plaid shirt - (similar) here
Purple Jersey Knit infinity scarf (similar) here 
Gray Corduroys - (similar) here 

 Day 3 --- Entire outfit from Goodwill except earrings.
Earrings (I felt I needed a smaller pair with this vest) DYT - similar (here)
daisy Tshirt
Jaipur Vest
Jeans (mentioned earlier in post)

Day 4 --- Look, I finally figured out a collage was the best way to go here. :) The selfie is in natural light and more true to colors. My bathroom turns everything yellowish. ;)
Jeans - mentioned earlier in post
The shirt came from Goodwill and the tags were cut out of it so I have no idea what the brand is. Here is a similar one though.
Gray boots came from Payless shoes. Similar from here.


Day 5. I'm wearing the same scarf from Monday.
Scarf - mentioned previously in this post.
earrings mentioned previously in this post.
Gap shirt - (similar) here
LuLaRoe Maxi Skirt here (find a LuLaRoe consultant and then you have more options and better pricing) 
Day 6 - the t-shirt and jacket are considered "extras" and not part of the "core" wardrobe.
Necklace - don't even try to find... so old.
Bandolina Jacket - I can't find this color but here are more of this brand of denim jackets.
Rose Pink tee - it has burned out long sleeves. I love this tee and bought it from zulily but the tag was uncomfortable so I cut it out and I'm not sure about the brand. 

Day 7 -- church. It's hard to tell in these pics but the necklace and earrings are green and silver. I don't think I'm wearing any repeats today. The skirt is Pretty Angel -- one of my favorite brands. However, it's expensive so I always look out for good sales for them before I'll buy their products. I do love them though. The jewelry came from the Dressing Your Truth store and the shirt is from Goodwill.
earrings and necklace from DYT here
Pretty Angel Gypsy skirt can sometimes be found here, DYT, or on zulily.
Shirt is Maurice's but it'd old and I can't find  it.






No comments: