Monday, September 19, 2011

Sparring!!!

So, Collin technically doesn't have to start sparring until he is a camo belt. He is a first level yellow belt then he'll test for a second level yellow belt and then he'll be a camo belt so he still has a few months for me to worry about it. Well, today someone offered me his sparring gear for half the price. YEAH!! So, I bought his sparring gear. It's everything except for the mouth guard. So, I guess my little man is going to start sparring.

Paul was throwing punches while Collin blocked. We wanted him to see that this doesn't protect him from the hit... just adds a bit of cushion.
Collin was so funny. He's been bugging me to get sparring gear for him for a while but it's just too expensive and then this happened today. As we were leaving I said, "I have a surprise for you in the car."
Collin said, "Let me guess, you got me sparring gear."
"How'd you know?" I asked.
His face was suddenly super excited, "I just did. Where is it?"
"In the van."
"Yay!" And, he runs out to the van. "Where is it? Where is it?"
"In the van." I repeated.
He climbs in and looks around. "It's black!?"
"Yeah, is that okay?" I asked, worried b/c there are lots of different colors he could have chosen from.
"Yes, Mom! I don't care what color it is as long as I have the gear!"
He then held it in his lap the whole way home and carried it inside and put it on before I even wiped it down. Remember, it was used. Eeeewww!! Oh well. He is soooo excited about it. Now, I just have to get him a mouth guard. :)

No comments: