Sunday, September 11, 2011

Daddy is gone... :(

Paul left this morning for a work trip. So, in case you don't have a calendar that means that my husband is flying over D.C. on the 10th anniversary of 9/11. He'll be fine. We really aren't worried or he wouldn't be going. But, this morning we all gathered together to say a family prayer before he left and I think that's when it all hit little Ronni. As soon as the "amens" were said she jumped up into her daddy's lap and cried... and cried... and continued crying. She kept yelling, "I want to spend a long time with you, Daddy." We kept explaining that it's only 7 days and he'll be back next Saturday but she doesn't care. She wants him now.
Isn't that such a sad picture? :( Paul promised to talk to her on the computer (Skype) some this week and now she's at the computer with me wanting to see him on the computer. He's on the plane though and can't get on so she's settling with looking at pictures of him. Poor little "Daddy's Girl." She keeps holding on to me as if she's afraid that I am going to go too. So, I am going to go and give my girl some extra cuddles.

1 comment:

alecia said...

Tearing up for her! Sweet child.