Sunday, February 13, 2011

Room by Emma Donaghue





I didn't think that I would like this book. It's not my style... it's too real. I mean, it's about a woman who was kidnapped for 7 years and has a child while being held prisoner in an 11'x11' room. Does that sound like something I'd like to read? To make it worse, it's told from the point of view of her 5 yo son. Honestly, there were moments when I just wanted to pick up my 5 year old and hold him and cry over him. However, this was an excellent book. A story of a mother and son who manage to pull together to make it through adjusting to life in the outside world despite their sudden jump to fame and having to deal with people and sunlight. Poor Jack had never seen anything except the inside of that room. I LOVED this story!! :)Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a 5 year old to go and cuddle. :)

No comments: