Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving/Turkey Trot

Well folks! I did it!! I ran in the Cyber Turkey Trot. That basically means I ran the 5K and then posted it on a site w/ other moms doing the same thing. The closest Turkey Trot to us was 3 hours away and I had to be at work at 1 and just didn't want to. Since I'm a newbie anyways it just wasn't worth it. This was much less pressure and still provided the motivation I needed.

Anyways.... my time was 33:33 which wasn't great but not too bad either. My pace was about 11:11... still not great. My goal is 10:00. The first mile I ran in 9:42 but I started slowing down from there.

After I ran I hung out w/ the family for a little while before going to work. Work was rough -- we had a really sick dog there and we ended up having to euthanize him.

After work we ate at my mom's w/ my sis and her family too. I definitely ate too much! How was everyone else's Thanksgiving??

We learned that Ronni LOVES sweet potato casserole and Collin really only eats mac and cheese and rolls. Silly kid!

1 comment:

C Ballard Family said...

Sorry I am a slacker, but I couldn't have on Thanksgiving day being as we were not here. That really is an awesome time for someone who just started running. Great Job!