Monday, October 12, 2015

Ponderize: Week 1

We, as a family, accepted the Ponderize challenge given by Elder Durrant. :) We made it through week 1. Our scripture was Alma 22:15,

"... What shall I do that I may have this eternal life of which thou has spoken? Yea, what shall I do that I may be born of God, having this wicked spirit rooted out of my breast, and receive his spirit, that I may be filled with joy, that I may not be cast off at the last day? Behold, said he, I will give up all that I possess, yea, I will forsake my kingdom, that I may receive this great joy."  -- Alma 22:15

I printed it out and put it on the refrigerator. The kids and I read it every morning. I didn't talk about it with them but told them to just think about it. At the end of the week, I had them tell me what they thought it meant. It really surprised me the insight they had on it. I was very proud of them. We have started a new scripture today. We'll see how it goes. :)

No comments: