People help to instill unhealthy views everyday, not on purpose but they do. "I look fat." "I wish my nose was smaller." "I have to wear make-up to be pretty." It is not true. I want my daughter to grow up knowing that she is beautiful no matter what her body looks like. Her goals should be to be healthy and not to worry so much about her body shape/image. She is beautiful and doesn't need airbrushes or buckets or make-up. She just needs to be herself and enjoy that beautiful woman that she will be someday.
- No Barbies, Bratz dolls, or anything that will give an unrealistic view of the female sexuality.
- I will not verbalize my own flaws that I perceive when I look in the mirror.
- I will encourage her to strive for a healthy body and not the model type body. I don't think a model body would really be too healthy anyways.
- I want to utilize television time for educational shows or family time to watch movies together. I don't want her to just watch random television. Often, the commercials are as bad as the tv show as far as influencing women's "perfect image".
- "feminism" will not be a four letter word in this home. She can be anything she wants to be.
- We will emphasize academics and help her strive to do her best.