Friday, February 13, 2009

I'm starting school in July!!!

Yeap... you guys saw that right. Hooray!! As most of you remember I dropped out of college after David died. Our savings was totally shot from 5 mos in the NICU and working very little b/c I spent a lot of time at the hospital (but I wouldn't change any of this). Anyways!! Paul and I feel it is time for me to start school again. He should graduate in May 2010 so he's almost done. We'll only be overlapping a little bit in school and mine will be online. I've done a lot of research and in the end it was between two schools but the cost of tuition made my decision for me. Well, there were other factors as well. I'm going to take classes from Western Governor's University that is based in Salt Lake City, UT. If you're interested in checking it out here's the link.

They use the competency based approach. I really like that. Instead of having to take a certain number of credits you must prove that you are compentent in that subject through tests, projects, or papers. You are given a test at the beginning of the classes and if you already know the info then you don't need to take the class. I thought it was a very cool concept. The tuition is really reasonable too!! Woo-hoo!! I am going to be majoring in elementary education. YAY!! I'm just soooooo excited!!!

6 comments:

B said...

Congratulations! School is fun but it is oh so fun to have it DONE! You can do it!

kss said...

I'm considering doing the same thing next fall when my youngest enters high school. I also have been looking at WGU and really like what I see. I would love to get a job teaching Algebra and Geometry and so looking at a BA in Mathmatics. Let me know how things go for you!

C Ballard Family said...

That is where Casey is planning on going when he gets all his ducks in a row. And by the way, cute hair!

MStevenson said...

Hi, this is Mel, thanks for leaving a comment on Melarky, I hope you know I'll be checking your blog out now and leaving comments. :)

That's great your going back to school! Your a good example or what I should be doing.

Erica said...

Congrats on this new journey!! I am sure it will give you many memories!! YAY! for taking the first step to making your dream come true!

Anna said...

I love school! I wish I could go full time. That is so exciting.